Our blog has moved, and is new and improved.

You should be automatically redirected in 3 seconds. If not, visit
MinnLawyerBlog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Ban the boot?

I've made my share of trips to the impound lot, but I've never suffered the indignity of being booted.

Hopefully, I never will. Minneapolis officials are considering a ban on those brightly colored wheel clamps. Complaints from motorists range from improper booting to slow removal. The booters argue it's an effective way to enforce parking restrictions.

After hearing testimony from both sides of the issue, a proposal to ban wheel clamps was forwarded to the city attorney's office for further review.

I wonder if the city attorney will be pondering this question: When parked on private property, is booting tantamount to misdemeanor tampering with a motor vehicle?

No comments: