Our blog has moved, and is new and improved.

You should be automatically redirected in 3 seconds. If not, visit
MinnLawyerBlog.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, April 30, 2007

Insurance lobby vs. trial lawyers

The Strib has a good article on its website about the dispute between the trial lawyers' and insurance lobby over a bill that would allow direct actions and bad-faith claims against insurers. (Bill pits lawyers against insurers.)

I should be annoyed at the Strib for doing it because we had something similar on the drawing board for today's paper, but wound up holding it over. However, the Strib did a good job and the info needs to get out there, so I will put a check on my editor's pride. We may still do something for the next issue, but our angle would be different.

BTW -- I don't know how many of you have heard those obnoxious insurance industry ads for this bill, but they are so bad that I changed the radio station on my alarm clock just to avoid waking up to them. They have taken the lowest road possible -- demonizing lawyers.

No comments: